HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., advokátní kancelář, with its registered office at Na Florenci 2116/15, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic, company reg. no. 26454807; AKADEMIE HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., with its registered office at Na Florenci 2116/15, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic, company reg. no. 02890895; and HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., advokátska kancelária, with its registered office at Žižkova 7803/9, 811 02 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, company reg. no. 36856584 (the “Companies”), treat any and all personal data they process as strictly confidential, and use them in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Safety of your personal data is a priority for the Companies.
Within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the Companies are joint controllers of your personal data. This means that they jointly collect, store and use (and otherwise process) your personal data in pursuance of their business (the purposes for which data are processed are described in more detail below), which consists primarily of the provision of legal services and related legal and business advice, including organisation of professional seminars and educational or social events.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The Companies may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of a contract, incl. negotiation thereof (agreements on the provision of legal services and fulfilment of clients’ requests, i.e. actual provision of legal services under the laws applicable to the legal profession; relations with business partners, such as cooperating law firms, suppliers of goods and providers of services; recruitment activities – pooling of candidates);
- Compliance with legal obligations (in particular obligations under accounting and tax laws, i.e. transfers of personal data to tax and revenue authorities and, where appropriate, to other public authorities in compliance with applicable laws; due keeping of the legal file including e-mail communication, lists of contacts and the services provided);
- Sending marketing communications and offers of services (the Companies may send commercial communications and/or newsletters, related in particular to law and business, and may offer services via e-mail);
- Protection of the controllers’ legitimate interest (protection of the rights and legitimate interests of the Companies, such as identification of natural persons in the reception areas of the Companies; client identification pursuant to Act no. 85/1996 Sb. on the legal profession and Act no. 253/2008 Sb. concerning certain measures against money laundering; protection of the network against harmful activities or protection of the Website against misuse);
- Protection of the legitimate interest pursued by third parties(especially clients) in compliance with the rules governing the legal profession;
- Processing requests sent by means of electronic forms(in particular if you wish to be employed by, or cooperate in any other manner with, the Companies, or if you enrol for professional seminars and educational or social events via the Website).
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
The Companies may process the following personal data for the following purposes:
|Data subjects’ data||Purposes of processing:|
|Full name||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations; Sending marketing communications and offer of services and products; Protection of the controllers’ legitimate interest; Processing requests sent by means of electronic forms|
|Contact address||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations; Sending marketing communications and offer of services and products; Protection of the controllers’ legitimate interest; Processing requests sent by means of electronic forms|
|Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations; Sending marketing communications and offer of services and products; Protection of the controllers’ legitimate interest; Processing requests sent by means of electronic forms|
|Bank account number and other transaction-related data||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations; Protection of the controllers’ legitimate interest|
|Personal identification no., tax identification number||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations; Protection of the controllers’ legitimate interest|
|Birth identification number||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations|
|Date of birth||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations|
|Any other information regarding the client or third parties||Performance of a contract; Fulfilment of legal obligations; Sending marketing communications and offer of services and products; Protection of the legitimate interest pursued by third parties|
The Companies process personal data both manually and by automated means. The processing of personal data by automated means takes place in particular for the purposes of performance of a contract and offering services.
The Companies may collect, store and use certain information by automated means, such as statistical information whenever you visit the Website.
In some cases, we obtain your identification or contact personal data from the company Bisnode Česká republika a.s.; more information about the company Bisnode Česká republika a.s. and its processing of personal data can be found at www.bisnode.com/privacy.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA BASED ON CONSENT
If you grant to the Companies your consent with the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending personalised marketing communications (in those cases, profiling may also take place) or for the purpose of sending offers of services and products of business partners of the Companies, whether via e-mail or by phone, you acknowledge that the grant of such consent is voluntary and that the consent can be revoked at any time by a written notice to the Companies’ address or via a link contained in the e-mail message with the marketing communication. The consent is granted until revoked. Failure to grant the consent does not affect the performance of any contract you may have with the Companies.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
The Companies will disclose your personal data only to their authorised employees and associated attorneys, or to individual data processors engaged by the Companies under relevant contracts, or to other controllers as applicable, but in any case within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of the processing and on the basis of the relevant legal title for the processing of the personal data.
By providing your personal data to the Companies via the careers section of the Website you acknowledge that your personal data may be disclosed, depending on the particular job position sought, to Cash Collectors Servicing s.r.o., with its registered office at Na Florenci 1332/23, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha 1, company reg. no. 28893042, which, together with HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., advokátní kancelář and HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., advokátska kancelária, is a joint controller of your personal data in the field of human resource management.
In some cases defined by legislation, the Companies are authorised, or even obligated, to transfer certain personal data under applicable laws to criminal prosecution authorities or other public authorities.
PERSONAL DATA OF THIRD PARTIES
The personal data of third parties, understood to mean personal data of employees and customers of the Companies’ clients or contractors, as well as of other natural persons engaged in cooperation with the Companies, or any other data the Companies will receive from a client or contractor in connection with the execution or performance of a contract, will be processed in compliance with applicable data protection laws. The Companies will use such data for the purpose of performance of contracts with clients and/or contractors. The Companies will process personal data of third parties for the duration of the contract concerned, and thereafter for a period stipulated by separate laws, if any. The data will be retained for a longer period if need reasonably arises to retain such data in connection with a particular case.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will process and retain your personal data for a period of time necessary to safeguard all the rights and obligations resulting from the relevant contract, and thereafter for a period for which the Companies, as data controllers, are required to retain personal data under applicable laws, or for which you have granted to the Companies your consent with such processing. In other cases, the period of processing is based on, and must be proportionate to, the purpose of the processing, or is stipulated by applicable data protection laws.
We process personal data, based on the purpose of their processing, for the periods specified below:
|Purpose of the processing||Retention period|
|Performance of a contract||for the duration of the contract and for 10 years from termination of the contract|
|Compliance with legal obligations||for the period stipulated by applicable legal regulation|
|Sending marketing communications and offers of servicesand products||for the duration of the consent to the processing of personal data, or until revocation of the consent, or in accordance with separate legal regulations*|
|Protection of the legitimate interests of the controllers or third parties||for a maximum of 3 years from the commencement of data processing, unless separate laws require otherwise (such as the laws on legal profession), or unless it is necessary in justified cases to retain data for a longer period in connection with a particular case|
|Processing requests sent by means of electronic forms||for the period necessary to process the relevant request|
* The Companies may process your e-mail address within the meaning of Section 7(3) of Act no. 480/2004 Sb. concerning certain information society services and amending certain laws (the Information Society Service Act), as amended, for the purpose of distribution of commercial communications relating to their own products and services (e.g. in the form of an informational bulletin or newsletter) in case you did not decline such communications.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You, as a data subject, have rights in connection with the processing of personal data, which result from applicable laws and which you may exercise at any time. Those rights include (i) the right of access to personal data, (ii) the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data and to completion of incomplete personal data, (iii) the right to erasure of personal data if the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or if it is established that the personal data have been unlawfully processed, (iv) the right to restriction of processing, (v) the right to data portability, (vi) the right to object to processing of personal data whereupon the processing will be discontinued, unless compelling legitimate grounds for the processing demonstrably exist which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, in particular where such grounds include the exercise of legal claims, and (vii) the right to contact the Czech Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Right of access to personal data: If you wish to know whether the Companies process personal data, you have the right to obtain information as to whether or not your personal data are being processed and, where that is the case, you also have the right to obtain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate personal data and to completion of incomplete personal data: If you feel that the Companies are processing personal data about you which are inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request their rectification and/or completion. The Companies will rectify or complete the data without undue delay, taking into account technological capacities.
- Right to erasure: If you request erasure, the Companies will erase your personal data if (i) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, (ii) the personal data have been unlawfully processed, (iii) you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing of your personal data, or (iv) the legal obligation in EU or national law to process personal data no longer applies.
- Right to restriction of processing: If you request restriction of processing, the Companies will make your personal data unavailable, or will temporarily remove or store them, or will perform any other processing activities as may be necessary for the proper exercise of that right.
- Right to data portability: If you wish the Companies to transfer to a third party the personal data they are processing about you electronically on the basis of a contract or your consent, and which you have provided to them, you may exercise your right to data portability. In the event the exercise of this right would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, the Companies will not be able to act on your request.
- Right to object: The right to object to the processing of personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority, or for protection of the Companies’ legitimate interests. Unless the Companies demonstrate that compelling legitimate grounds for the processing exist which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, the processing will be discontinued without undue delay.
Where requests to exercise the above rights repetitive or manifestly unfounded,we may either charge a reasonable fee for the exercise of the relevant right, or refuse to act on the request. If this is the case, we will inform you accordingly.
NOTE: Having regard to the specific nature of the activities pursued by the Companies (legal profession), the exercise by data subjects of some of their rights may be significantly limited (in particular in the case of processing personal data related to specific legal cases).
Additional information regarding the processing of personal data will be provided by the Companies’ data protection officer (FairData Professionals a.s., with its registered office at Na Florenci 1332/23, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha 1, company reg. no. 06149961), e-mail address. If you wish to exercise your rights, you can send your request in writing to the Companies’ addresses, or by e-mail at . The Companies reserve the right to reasonably verify the identity of the data subject exercising the rights aforesaid.
The protection of privacy and personal data is supervised by the Czech Office for Personal Data Protection.
Address: Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7
Tel.: 234 665 111